Originally called Bobo de camarao, this delicious Brazilian Prawn Stew will surprise you! You just need a few ingredients and about 30 minutes to prepare a complete dinner! You can use frozen butternut squash or get a fresh one as well, what feels easier!
Can you freeze Brazilian Prawn stew?
This is not recommended, you should prepare the prawn stew on the same day that you will consume it. This way the dish is fresh and delicious!
What can you serve with Prawn Stew?
You will love it served with rice, couscous, pasta, boiled potatoes or even bread.
Can I make it dairy free?
Yes, you can! If you want a dairy free version, simply replace the creme fraich with coconut milk.
So how do you prepare prawn stew?
Step 1- Chop ingredients
Step 2- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and fry onion.
Step 3- Add in passata, butternut squash, shrimp, salt and pepper.
Step 4- Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and add coriander and creme Fraiche.
Brazilian Prawn Stew
- 1 Brown onions chopped
- 200 g Prawn fresh or frozen
- 300 g Butternut Squash peeled and cut into chunks
- 300 g passata
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30 g fresh coriander chopped
- 4 tablespoon creme fraich
- Chop ingredients. Heat olive oil in a saucepan and fry onion.
- Add in passata, butternut squash, shrimp, salt and pepper.
- Cook the mixture, stirring ocasionally, for about 15 minutes.
- Turn of the heat and add coriander, and creme Fraich